Expected ResultsThe expected results of the project will be:
- Published research on existing best EU practice in reducing re-offending in the community and prisons
- A report on obstacles to EU statistical evaluation of good practice and a proposed development methodology
- A comparative picture and key aspects of partner countries' approach to domestic violence, drug & alcohol related offending, and urban and gang related crime.
- Strengthen and inform EU networks to combat and reduce domestic violence, drug & alcohol related offending, and urban and drug related race or religious hate crime.
- Positive awareness of approaches in partner countries shared and disseminated through a range of methodologies.
- Testing the transferability of What Works in Reducing Reoffending methodologies to all member states including accession states and adapting where necessary
- A good practice website
- Strengthen and inform EU networks for combatting general crime effectively
- Medium term increase in use of good practice